HOW TO CHOOSE A WEDDING MAKEUP ARTIST AND HAIRSTYLIST
electing your wedding-day professionals can feel daunting—but it doesn’t have to be! When you’re ready to begin your search, take these ideas with you:
- Save images from bridal magazines or pin away on Pinterest! This can help you determine the style you’re looking for so you can simply find wedding professionals who have experience bringing the look to life!
- Ask around:
- Check with your other wedding vendors and ask who’s on their preferred list.
- Chat with your friends or family who have recently planned a wedding. Who do they recommend?
- Look at local wedding publications. Do any of their featured vendors catch your eye?
- Visit the makeup artist and hairstylist you’re most interested in on social media. Look at their work and, of course, those reviews! Also, look for their pricing menu. Don’t see it? Send them a message and request that info. Also (THIS IS IMPORTANT), go ahead and share the date you need and see if they are available. If they’re not, you can continue your search!
Once you’ve selected your stylist, it’s time to schedule your trial! Whether you’re having all your services completed professionally or going the DIY route, always complete a hair and makeup trial. A trial will ensure your day-of look is exactly how you want it to be.